TKC - Trinity Kids' Chapel - is the children's ministry at Trinity United Church. It runs on Sundays. Several Church members share their time to lead these fun-filled sessions for children and young people attending Church. Part of each Sunday service is held in the Chapel, a smaller sanctuary on the lower level.
TKC is active! It is a music-based program where we "make a joyful noise"! All in TKC worship God with group singing, rhythm instruments, and movement. Sometimes, there are stories and crafts to support the theme.
In September, TKC will have a kick-off picnic to welcome back families and their young people to Trinity, run by the Kindness Club.
Come join. Help make that wonderful, joyful noise! All are welcome ...
The Kindness Club
The Kindness Club is an inter-generational group inspired and led by young people. Its mission is to undertake projects which benefit Trinity and the Newmarket Community – spreading God’s love through
acts of kindness.
Some of the Club’s initiatives and activities have included:
• Writing and delivering Christmas cards for Trinity members over 80.
• Decorating the sanctuary with beautiful large paper snowflakes.
• Making props and performing in Trinity’s Christmas pageant.
• Leading ‘Team Trinity’ in the annual Coldest Night of the Year walk, raising $3,900 for Newmarket’s Inn From the Cold.
• A fundraising drive for two local shelters for women and children of domestic violence (Yellow Brick House and Belinda’s Place). Three car trunk loads of clothing and household items were collected and delivered!
• Hosting an inspirational guest speaker, author and Paralympic athlete Paul Rosen, who talked about his life’s journey with messages of hope, recovery and never giving up.
• Organizing a Valentine’s Day dance, autumn picnic on the lawn,
• Annual Earth Day events focused on climate change, eco-grief and how we can be better stewards of God’s planet.
• Transforming a space in the church into a gathering place for children and youth.
• Working to achieve God’s plan by lending support to other church teams and community groups.